Acne is a condition caused by bacteria and too much production of sebum in the pores. It is likely to occur on your arms, chest, back, face, buttocks, and shoulder. Excessive use of lotions or creams that clog the pores can also be the reason for acne and sometimes it can be caused due to friction from tight clothes. Then there is an unhealthy diet system, hormonal issues, not taking care of your skin, and of course stress. It can be quite painful but it is most painful on the back as you cannot see it. Thus, you cannot check for severity which makes it difficult for you to sleep and can be quite irritating. It is quite painful but can be cured with the help of some simple remedies:
1:Apple Cider Vinegar
Vinegar stops inflammation and to its antibacterial properties, it stops more growth. It also maintains the pH level of the skin which in turn restricts any other skin problem to occur. Here is how you can use apple cider vinegar to get rid of back acne:
- Take 1 tablespoon of raw, unfiltered apple cider vinegar and dilute it in one cup of water. Apply this on your back where acne has occurred for 10 minutes and then rinse it off with warm water. Apply light water-based moisturizer after this and do this twice or thrice a day until your acne is gone for good.
- You can ingest apple cider vinegar as well. Simply add one teaspoon of this to honey and a warm glass of water and drink this twice a day. This will keep your skin healthy from within.
Acne is a condition caused by bacteria and too much production of sebum in the pores. It is likely to occur on your arms, chest, back, face, buttocks, and shoulder. Excessive use of lotions or creams that clog the pores can also be the reason for acne and sometimes it can be caused due to friction from tight clothes. Then there is an unhealthy diet system, hormonal issues, not taking care of your skin and of course stress. It can be quite painful but it is most painful on the back as you cannot see it. Thus, you cannot check for severity which makes it difficult for you to sleep and can be quite irritating. It is quite painful but can be cured with the help of some simple remedies:
2:Tea Tree Oil
This is one versatile essential oil. It is full of antiseptic and anti-inflammatory qualities that are very useful in treating acne. It is also a kind of oil that our skin absorbs and it easily penetrates into it, it dries out the acne from the inside and reduces inflammation. Here’s how you can use it:
- You can simply put a few drops of tea tree essential oil onto a cotton swab and apply it directly to the affected area. Leave it on for less than half an hour and then rinse it with warm water. This can be done daily once for adequate results.
- You can also add 4-5 drops of tea tree oil to 1 teaspoon of honey and then apply the same way above. Those who have sensitive skin need to be careful. You must always dilute tea tree essential oil and then use it. The ratio of tea tree oil to water should be 1:3.
This is another agent which has similar properties to that of tea tree essential oil. It is antimicrobial and anti-inflammatory. This is very helpful for treating acne as it removes toxins and bacteria from the skin and also provides relief from inflammation and irritation. How to use it? Here is the answer:
- Take a bowl and put half a teaspoon of borax powder in it.
- Add water and 1 teaspoon of glycerine to form a paste
- Apply this on the affected area
- Let this paste dry completely
- Clean your back with warm water and remove this paste, then splash your skin with cold water and pat dry carefully.
- This should be done twice a day
Something Sweet now: Honey
This sweet agent keeps the skin calm and removes irritation. It is also a hydration agent with antibiotic and antibacterial properties. It prevents infection and diminishes the symptoms of acne:
- Just dab raw or manuka honey onto your skin and leave it for 10-15 minutes. Then simply rinse it off with lukewarm water and repeat this process 2-3 times a day.
- You can also add half a teaspoon of cinnamon powder to one tablespoon of honey to form a paste that you can apply on your back. Wait for 10 minutes and then rinse it off, do this once daily.
This one is not new to skin care; turmeric is one herb that is famous for its healing properties. It keeps the skin free from breakout and inflammation and maintains the pH level of the skin which reduces pain and irritation.
- Add sesame oil to 1-2 teaspoons of turmeric powder to make a paste. Apply this paste on your back by dabbing it gently onto your skin. Leave this for about an hour and then rinse it off. This should be done meticulously twice a day for some weeks.
- Drinking turmeric milk twice a day can also help in reducing pain and inflammation. Just warm a glass of milk and add half a teaspoon of turmeric powder to it.
Aloe vera is known for its cooling properties and it also kills the bacteria that cause acne. Its gel is a natural way to reduce inflammation and promote healing. Here is how you can use it:
- For best results, carefully cut open the aloe vera leaf and extract its pure gel. Apply this gel twice a day on your back for a week and see the results.
- You can also combine aloe vera gel (1 tablespoon) with turmeric powder and raw honey (half a teaspoon) to form a paste and apply this on your back for 15-20 minutes. Then just rinse it off and do this one a day.
Lemon helps in getting rid of back acne quite quickly due to its richness in L- ascorbic acid which is a natural astringent. This acid basically removes the dead skin cells and opens up the pores. Lemon also has antibacterial qualities which remove acne-producing bacteria from the skin.
- Cut a slice of lemon and rub it on the affected area in slow circular movements. Leave it for 10 minutes and rinse it off with cool water. You can use this once or twice daily.
- You can also mix equal amounts of rose water and lemon juice and dab that on your back with a cotton ball. Leave it for at most half an hour and then rinse it with cool water. This should also be done twice daily.
Direct topical application of lemon is not recommended for those who have sensitive skin.
Green tea consists of a compound called catechins which provide the tea with its antibacterial properties. Its anti-inflammatory nature also reduces the redness caused by acne:
- Brew green tea and mi ¼ cup of this to water in an equal ratio. Dab this solution onto your skin and wait for 10 minutes. Then rinse it with cool water and do this twice a day.
- You can also buy a lotion that has at least 2% green tea extracts and applies this also twice a day.
- Drinking 2-3 cups of green tea will also help you heal your skin from within
Ever thought of a natural scrub? Well here it is, oatmeal is a natural cleanser for the skin, opening the pores and absorbing all the excessive oil. It can also be used for exfoliation and thus removes inflammation. Here is how you can use it:
- Take 1 tablespoon of oatmeal and add water to form a paste that can be spread on the skin.
- Make the skin area that is affected damp with water and then apply this paste in circular movements.
- Leave it for 10 minutes
- Rinse it off with warm water
- You can use this remedy once or twice a week
This is one element that is quite helpful in treating acne. It contains salicylic acid which is seen to be effective in acne treatment. It dries out acne super fast and due to its anti-inflammatory properties, it relieves you of the pain caused by acne. It also repairs skin damage at a cellular level.
- Simply rub a slice of tomato on the affected area, leave it for 10 minutes and then rinse it with warm water twice a day.
- You can also make a solution by mixing 1 tablespoon of tomato juice, a few drops of lemon juice, and half a teaspoon of raw honey. Dab this solution onto your skin with a cotton swab. Wait for about 10 minutes and then rinse it off with warm water. Do this once daily for the best results.
- Lotions that have zinc in them can be helpful.
- The use of oil-based skin care products should be limited.
- Do not give pressure on your back if you want to speed up the process of healing.
- Avoid wearing tight clothes.
- Make sure you stay as clean as possible for instance washing your body with a gentle cleanser and bathing yourself after sweating.
- Never try to squeeze or pick back acne lesions.
- Try not to expose yourself to sunlight a lot.
- Drink lots o water to keep yourself hydrated and remove toxins from your body.
- Follow a healthy balanced diet.
- If you follow a balanced diet you will have to avoid junk food obviously.
- Do not smoke or drink excessively, it is never useful.